Thursday, April 25, 2013

Collin's Quilt

Making quilts is a fairly new venture for me. I began approximately a year ago and rapidly began making quilts in October 2012. Slowly at first when I purchased my Babylock Ellisimo Gold! I love "Elli" and we are slowly, but surely gaining ground.

I have been working on an Animal Quilt for our youngest grandson who just turned 2 and he loves giraffes! So many elements of his likes and a few just "boy" elements came to my mind when choosing the fabrics.

I worked on half the HSTs (half square triangles) today, and had Elli stitching put the giraffes and his name. Tomorrow I hope to make up some more hst (I ran out) and get it done so I can ship this hand his brother's sock monkey quilt out the first of the week! I will post pics later on of Jack's Sock Monkey Quilt. But as of now, I must finish up Papa's dinner ....and call him in from gazing at that new sod! ;-)



6 comments:

  1. That's awesome Genee! Can't wait to see it when it's done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't either Amy! I hate that I have to post on my main computer on the replies! I use my phone and Ipad for everything most of the time.....sitting by my machine! :-)

      Delete
  2. Awesome! I love the giraffes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Collin loves the giraffes at the zoo and they are his favorite all time animal.....for the moment any way! LOL Glad you joined us!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you're able to share your projects and really happy you're utilizing some of the material from your stash. You've got over 30yrs worth, we've been toting all around the country. You have a real talent for quilting and I'm proud of you for taking that step to do what you've always wanted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for always being so supportive in ANYTHING I decide to do! <3

      Delete