Wednesday, May 8, 2013

My Current Favorite Tool

Every person whether they sew, quilt or even do woodworking, cooking etc.... Has a favorite tool! I just had to share my current one since it is AWESOME!!! :-)

I personally love vintage material and vintage quilts and blocks. So, when I started a "Grandmas Garden," I, of course, started the old fashioned way and tried to use papers by cutting out the papers, then cut out the fabric (I really don't like all that cutting!) Then I purchased an Accuquilt system and cut out my papers that way to have a guideline. But Accuquilt really isn't made for that purpose.
Last week, I was at JoAnn's, and they had a 40% off Fiskars! The paper punch had an ergonomically grip handle! Easy peasy! It cuts paper of course, or you can make permanent hexies if you use template material (don't forget to make a small hole in the center so you can pick out the template when you're done!)
Love, love, LOVE my hexies!
Although not vintage material, I love my flowers that are slowly growing!







3 comments:

  1. I bought a packet of hexie patterns that were out of template plastic, and have a hole in the middle. I make my hexie then join it to it's neighbors before I take out the template. So you have to have a bunch because you leave them in until you have gotton all the hexies joined to it. I need to buy this because I could use a few more templates. Your hexies look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have those too Debbie, and find it hard with my hands to pick them out! I am hoping that with the lighter weight template material I purchased awhile back, that it will work as well! This time I just used the papers for easy sake! LOVE it that Fiskars is listening!! I had looked for this shape a few months ago. FISKARS, if you are ever reading this, I hope you get diamonds and triangles too! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Genee, I've never seen them, probably since I never knew about them till you told me. Will be sure to pick up what I'll need to start hexies. You did a great job, BTW Love you web page, Love Ya !

    ReplyDelete