Wednesday, May 8, 2013

April Showers bring May....Shower curtains?!


I know the saying is April Showers, Bring May Flowers.....for me, it was time for a Bathroom Simplistic Makeover!  New Towels, Monogrammed:



AND........
 
New Shower curtain......I've had the material for YEARS and have now completed it's original use!
 
I just need to complete some guest hand towels and all will be complete! :-)
 
Lessons Learned:  I will let you in on a little secret......When I monogrammed Terry's towel, I went over the script a couple of times because the threads were poking out.
On MY towel, I experimented, and overlayed another piece of water soluble Stabilizer and that was the perfect solution to prevent it. 
 
Thank you very much T for painting the kitchen and the bathroom for the complete make over of the color green in the thread I used to monogram our names.
 
This, and Mother's Day item was on my To-do list for the week!  Which I will post a Mother's Day item later on in the week!
 
As always, when I make an item, it is filled with love of the person I making the item for, AND thinking of the loved ones that are far away!
 
 
Pardon me with the ULTIMATE BRAG:  My son, "Chef" won a Bronze Medal in a Culinary Competition this past week!  We are so proud of him, his hard work, great work ethic and how well he provides for his family!  We  are also proud of DIL because she has the ultimate task we women know that is the hardest job of all:  Standing behind her man, supporting and loving him, raising their children, taking care and loving them.  I love her for this and appreciate her more than she knows!
And of course, we are proud of all of them and love them all unconditionally.  Nona and Papaw love you all! XOXOXOX
 

1 comment:

  1. As a "gone most of the time" Hubby, I appreciate all you do for us, and our family. Very proud you have followed through and kept on quilting, giving, and always caring enough to give your ALL.

    ReplyDelete